Volunteering at Freshfields is now bigger and better than ever.
We are delighted to announce our brand new Volunteers’ offer, thanks to the support of the Big Lottery.
We have lots of exciting new opportunities for you whether you have lots of time or just a little, and we are encouraging all of you that may not have had the confidence before, to try it out and have a go. We will support you to make sure it’s a great experience. Read our Volunteering Policy HERE
We have over 250 volunteers across Merseyside and Wales who love their roles, are much valued and who know the huge difference they make to animals in desperate circumstances. We simply cannot rescue animals without your help!
We invite you to join this life-saving team.
Why volunteer with us?
We have such a wide range of people, ages, and circumstances and as well as different reasons for getting involved. We make sure we know what these are and then work together for the benefit of the animals, for you and for us, so it’s all good!
You may want to volunteer because:
• You love animals and have a passion for giving them the life they deserve.
• You want practical work experience for a qualification or a job.
• You want to meet new people and make new friends (two and four-legged!)
• You want to gain confidence and identify your strengths
• You wish to improve health and wellbeing
• You would like to make good use of the knowledge and skills that you have.
• You want to be a force for good for those more vulnerable than yourself.
• You want to have fun doing something different and useful.
Opportunities for Everyone
We understand that people have different responsibilities, commitments, and personal challenges. We are dedicated to ensuring that if you want to get involved you can, in a way that works for you, in a role that you enjoy.
You can join in as a:
• Permanent volunteer – for just a few hours a week, or a few days a week.
• Corporate volunteer – team up with your workmates to show that your business cares about its community.
• ‘One day a Year’ Volunteer – helping out with events and fundraising for just one single day each year and not be asked for more.
• Placement volunteer – a few days or months on a learning experience plan
• Back Up Volunteer – there to lend a hand ‘as and when’ you can.
• Distance volunteer – help with tasks you can do at your own pace from home.
Areas of Volunteering We Offer
You will be surprised at the breadth of roles available at Freshfields. Some roles may need previous experience, some not. All roles need enthusiasm and a commitment to animal welfare.
Broad categories include:
• Animal Rescue Centres
• Outreach Education
• Charity Shops
• Fundraising and Events
• Operational Support
See our Volunteering Roles Page for details of the many interesting roles we offer in each area and opportunities available now.
How to volunteer
• Have a look the roles we have available to see if any would suit you.
• If you have any questions before applying just call us and we’ll be happy to answer those.
• Complete the online application form or call us for a paper copy, or extra help.
• We will speak to you about your interest and if the role is suitable, we’ll invite you to come and meet us, or discuss next steps by phone.
• We will then take some details and provide you with information and training you need.
• You will be provided with a member of staff to support you during your volunteer experience.
Please note: Volunteers must be over 16 years of age for insurance purposes, unless participating in a specific young volunteer’s project. Some roles are only available to those aged 18 or over. I.D and References will be required and DBS checks for some roles. We are not offering Duke of Edinburgh award schemes opportunities at this time.