Please find a list of our current Vacancies below. Please read through the specific vacancy requirements before applying. Thank you.
Charity Shop Manager - Caernarfon
Hours: 35 per week
Reports to: Charity Shops Area Manager, Wales
Job Purpose: ‘More Than A Shop’
Your mission as Charity Shop Manager is to inspire, create and foster a culture in which staff and volunteers actively promote the life-changing work of Freshfields Animal Rescue.
Your role is to deliver excellent service to the customers of the Freshfields Animal Rescue charity shop. You will ensure that staff volunteers recognise every customer as a potential long-term supporter. You will support your staff and volunteers to provide a satisfying, enjoyable and high-quality shopping experience, whilst acting as Ambassadors for Freshfields in everything they do.
You will oversee the operation of the Caernarfon shop, working under the direction of the Area Manager, identifying, agreeing and achieving performance targets for the benefit of the animals we serve.
Your role will encompass both inwards-facing and outward-looking aspects, as you strive to establish your premises as the ‘first choice’ of charity shops in the local community.
This Job Description should be read in conjunction with the Shops Policy and One Charity Policy, which together form the framework for the standard of service to be delivered in the charity shops.
Key Activities: Inwards Facing
Donations and Stock
• Present and maintain the highest standards of shop merchandising and visual layout to maximise sales
• Provide attractive and eye-catching window displays and renew them at least weekly or as directed by the Charity Shops Area Manager
• Continually review stock rotation, ensuring that stock is updated regularly and that nonviable stock is disposed of in line with the recycling policy
• Ensure maximum stock availability through effective control of the generation and sourcing of high quality stock flow into the shop
• Manage the delivery schedule for recycle collections.
• Taking a pragmatic approach to organising stock, ensuring that donations are sorted as soon as possible to maximise the presentation of the shop and avoid stock piling up
• Implement a consistent and practical approach to stock pricing, balancing the need to raise funds with the need to price realistically
Health and Safety
• Provide an excellent standard of Health & Safety, attend to all necessary maintenance issues and ensure that security procedures are given high priority in the working environment.
• Implement regular health and safety assessments of the environment in line with Freshfields Health and Safety procedures ensuring that fire exits are clear at all times
• Ensure that the stock room, kitchen and toilet are kept clean and tidy at all times and that the floor is clear of obstacles
• Ensure that only the person operating the till consumes beverages ‘at the till’ and that everyone is aware that food and drink is not provided to customers in order to maintain health and safety standards
• Provide regular Health & Safety training for volunteers
Staff and Volunteer Management
• Supervise, support and direct the Charity Shop volunteers, ensuring that they are fully briefed and able to carry out their duties to a high standard
• Monitor and supervise, taking necessary action to correct and improve performance concerns as required
• Proactively recruit, train, support and develop volunteers, as directed by the Area Manager
• Ensure that the shop is appropriately staffed at all times, providing fair and equitable rotas for volunteers, ensuring that business needs (managers day off) are planned for and that the shop adheres to advertised opening hours.
• Agree with volunteers which role is most suitable for them, and ensure that each volunteer is clear about their specific roles within the shops
• Ensure that staff and volunteers are equipped with the skills and knowledge they need to perform their duties with confidence and purpose
Key Responsibilities: Outwards Facing
• Provide an excellent standard of customer care, recognising that the charity shops are our first opportunity to make a lasting impression
• Involve volunteers in providing a lively, engaging and welcoming environment which reflects the values and ethos of Freshfields at all times.
• Oversee the upkeep and presentation of the shop, with relevant and up to date information displayed in a range of formats, which invite interest and stimulate conversations with customers
• Ensure that current campaigns, appeals and forthcoming events are clearly highlighted and that customers are sensitively offered opportunities to support and donate to our work
• Be pro-active in seeking opportunities to inform, influence and educate the public about the work of Freshfields and the passion and principles which make us unique.
• Prepare and complete all shop administration inclusive of cash handling and banking, accurately and on time, always adhering to Freshfields policies and procedures
• Act as a focus of communication around current campaigns and fundraising initiatives, as advised by the Fundraising Team and other colleagues
• Work within a framework of Data Protection guidelines and with a high regard for the principles of Confidentiality
• Show patience and professionalism in communicating difficult and challenging issues to visitors, responding to complaints and comments with sensitivity and skill
• Finally, and very importantly, to ensure the shop is both a welcoming and positive place for customers and volunteers
• Experience of working and managing a team of volunteers
• Ability to prioritise and organise workload using basic admin skills
• Experience of pricing, selling and merchandising stock
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and the risk controls to put in place to ensure the safety of customers, volunteers and yourself.
• Commitment to the principles of Equality and Diversity in the workplace
• Excellent organisational skills, with good attention to detail
• Able to prioritise and manage a busy workload
• Reliable and committed to an excellent attendance record
• Excellent communicator in person, by telephone and in writing.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to demonstrate empathy to visitors and make positive connections.
• Able to work on own initiative and co-ordinate the activities of others
• A ‘can-do’ approach, able to respond positively to new challenges and overcome them
• Ability to act as a role model and lead by example when working with volunteers
• Demonstrate respect for staff, volunteers and members of the public at all times.
• Reflect Freshfields values, ethics, policies and procedures at all times.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.22 /hour
Please email your CV to email@example.com by 15/3/2020. Applicants submitting successful CVs will then be requested to complete an official Freshfields Application Form taking you through to round 2 of applications.
Would you like to start the new decade by joining an aspirational National Animal Welfare Award winning organisation making a positive difference by saving the lives of domestic, farm and wild animals?
Are you an experienced and driven events fundraiser, with bags of initiative, exceptional communication skills, and a proven track record for delivering successful fundraising initiatives with the public and business communities? You could be just the person we’re looking for to join our fundraising team as Freshfields Events Fundraiser.
You will work alongside the Fundraising Manager, PR and Communications Officer and Digital Campaigns Officer to deliver the best possible results for the Charity.
Job Title: Events Fundraiser
Location: Freshfields Animal Rescue, Ince Blundell, Merseyside. L29 3EA.
Salary: £18,000- 19,200 p.a (£22.5/ 24,000 pro rata) depending upon experience
Hours: 30 hours per week.
Some evening, weekend and bank holiday working. Flexibility required.
Benefits: Freshfields will offer flexible working hours and flexible working locations for some of the working week for the right candidate.
Contract: Permanent – 6 month probationary period.
Reports to: Fundraising Manager.
Freshfields Animal Rescue is a well-established, ethically-driven charity that is respected for delivering the highest standards of care to the most diverse range of animals in the North West. We never put a healthy animal down. We care for every animal until we secure a safe and loving home, or they are ready for release back to the wild.
Freshfields Animal Rescue has two rescue centres, one in Ince Blundell, Sefton and one in North Wales, as well as seven shops across Liverpool Southport and Wales. Our reach stretches across Merseyside, Sefton, Lancashire, Cheshire, the Wirral and in Wales.
We deliver outreach animal welfare services, community education and campaigns, and we are supported by passionate volunteers who transform animals’ lives every day.
We have big, bold and progressive plans for the future. We need a resourceful and driven fundraising team to secure the income needed to make those plans a reality. If you fit the bill, we would love you to join us at this important time in our development.
To raise substantial levels of funding to support the current work and future growth of Freshfields Animal Rescue through the development and delivery of effective and efficient large and small, indoor and outdoor, fundraising events with a high return on investment.
To inspire and support a range of offline peer-to-peer community fundraisers, to develop capacity and resources by recruiting volunteers to support the fundraising effort, and secure sponsorship, grants and in kind support for fundraising events.
- To meet, and even exceed, agreed fundraising targets.
- Identify, develop and implement opportunities for a range of fundraising events that maximise the return on investment, and minimise staff and delivery resource needs.
Identify and secure potential business sponsors and in kind donors for larger fundraising events.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to produce funding proposals to grant making bodies.
Produce and deliver presentations and talks that inspire community stakeholders to participate in Freshfields, and peer to peer, fundraising activities.
- Build a portfolio of fundraising supporters by developing and sustaining relationships, with a view to achieving continual fundraising initiatives.
- Actively recruit, coordinate and support fundraising volunteers.
- Meet targets for securing event fundraiser participants by effectively marketing and promoting events to targeted audiences through a range of digital and traditional methods.
- Keep accurate financial and personal data in line with GDPR requirements.
- Follow financial procedures for cash handling, recording and invoicing.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on fundraising activities, budgets and outcomes
Operate ethically and within the Fundraising Regulator guidelines.
- Understand and positively represent the work of Freshfields at all times.
- Attend, and positively contribute to, team meetings as and when required.
- Be a positive and passionate advocate for the work of Freshfields Animal Rescue.
- Uphold Freshfields values, ethics, policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of raising substantial sums through event and community fundraising events – 3 years.
- A substantial track record of initiating, planning and delivering large and small scale fundraising events from inception to evaluation – 3 years.
- Delivering engaging and persuasive talks and presentations for a broad range of audiences – 3 years
- Previous responsibility for recruiting, supporting and retaining fundraising volunteers – 2 years
- Successful pitching, inspiring and securing business sponsors for events – 2 years
- Prior responsibility for risk assessments, legal and health and safety requirements.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Creativity, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial acumen for fundraising.
- Good organisational, project management and event planning skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and financial targets.
- Exceptional communication, presenting, networking and negotiation skills.
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships, and influence, current and new supporters.
- Able to delegate, work through others, adapt and multi-task.
- Skilled at recruiting, motivating and supporting volunteers.
- Sales and marketing skills to promote the event and attract sponsorship.
- The ability to produce, monitor and control budgets and follow financial procedure.
- Hold a full valid UK driving license and have use of a car
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in events, marketing or business.
- Commitment to Freshfields Animal Rescues cause.
- Target driven
- Innovative with an ability to calculate and minimise risk, and maximise potential.
- Initiative, good judgement and the ability to make sound decisions.
- A proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion
- Personal confidence twinned with respect for others.
- A friendly and sociable people person, able to influence a broad range of people.
- Organised, focussed, self-disciplined and consistent.
- Responsible and professional.
- Adaptable, practical and pragmatic.
- An excellent track record and established professional networks.
- Good attention to detail twinned with the ability to progress broader aims and objectives
- Willing to adapt to change and embrace new challenges.
Applicants providing suitable CVs will be asked to complete a stage 1 application form. Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will inform you in writing of the outcome of your application. We will follow this up with a phone call if you are invited to interview. Interviews are taking place as suitable applications come in, so to avoid missing this opportunity do not delay.
Candidates will be assessed by interview questions and presentation.