Spreading the Word about your Fundraising Event will be vital to its success. Read on below for the some of the most effective ways to publicise your event:
Word of mouth
- Word of mouth is the best (and also the cheapest) way of letting people know about your fundraising. Family, friends, work colleagues, neighbours… they all need to hear about your event and ask them to tell their own friends too!
- Social networking – what did we do before Facebook and Twitter? Don’t miss a trick, use them both to promote your fundraising.
- If you create an online fundraising page, you can add a link to your Facebook page which will show your friends and followers how you are getting on in reaching your fundraising total.
- You can add a post about your fundraising on the fundraising on the Freshfields Animal Rescue fundraising page and share your stories by tweeting @Freshfieldsresc
- Blog about your fundraising experiences and let other fundraisers learn from you about what worked and what you would do differently.
Posters and flyers
- Posters or flyers are a great way to promote your fundraising. However, it is really important to us that you use our charity identity in the right way. You can download the Freshfields template posters to use here.
- It’s also really important that our charitable incorporated organisation number (1160348) is clearly displayed so if you are planning to produce any further printed information, please be sure to include it. For our logo please email us and finally you must send/email all material to us first for approval before you go to print.
Local press and radio
- It’s always worth trying to get coverage in your local newspaper or radio station, if you are local to either Freshfields shelter please contact us first and we can advise you of local media contacts.
- Generally, there is good uptake with the local press for 'human interest' stories, so we would certainly recommend giving it a try.
- If your local media ask to speak to a Freshfields Animal Rescue representative, it is really important that you get in touch with us as soon as possible, so we can provide a quote or spokesperson.